Outdoor Food Hygiene
(Plus Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering)
This training is for anyone who deals with preparing and cooking food outdoors and wants to keep children young people and adults safe! Take your professional kitchen outdoors or just eat all your favourite food over the campfire.
About the course
Offering a nationally recognised Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering, this is a practical course taught outdoors in a Forest School setting, followed by a classroom-based test.
The course will include:
- Importance of Food Safety in the woods incorporating HACCP
- Microbes – Where are they “lurking”?
- Illnesses linked to food and the outdoors
- Hygiene Control – Temperature control, Storage, Handling, Preparation, Cooking, Equipment
- Personal Hygiene
- Food Safety Control – planning a HACCP relevant to your practice
About the trainer
Our very own popular and professional Sally will show you how to make cooking outdoors safe and fun. Sally has been cooking outdoors regularly for groups of children and adults since 2015, and is our Forest School Level 3 trainer.
Next course date tbc